U.S. Indexes and Exchanges Quotes
Advance/Decline Based Technical Analysis - NASDAQ Computer Index
IXCO Index Info:
IXCO Technical Analysis:
NASDAQ Computer Technical Analysis
Advance/Decline Based Technical Analysis
* The Advance/Decline Sentiment has been classified by categories that range from "Extremely Negative" to "Extremely Positive," based on the historical probability of a reversal where
- "Extremely Negative" indicates an extremely oversold market as a result of extreme panic selling with a high probability of a reversal upwards;
- "Neutral" indicates a stable trend;
- "Extremely Positive" indicates an extremely overbought market as a result of extremely greedy buying with a high probability of a downward reversal.
* The TRIN - also called the Arms Index - is a contrarian indicator. If the TRIN has a value greater than 1, it indicates a negative market sentiment. Conversely, values below 1 denote a positive sentiment.
Other NASDAQ Computer Index (^IXCO) Index Quotes
About Advance/Decline Technical Analysis.
Advance/Decline-based indicators have become one of the most important tools in the analysis of the indexes, exchanges and the entire stock market. Historically the advance/decline technical analysis was applied to the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange). Nowadays, it is widely used with other indexes to determine the breadth of the different market sectors.
Advance/Decline technical indicators are based on the following data:
- Advancing Issues (stocks) - number of stocks that are traded above the previous day's closing price.
- Declining Issues (stocks) - number of stocks that are traded below the previous day's closing price.
- Advance Volume - summary volume of the advancing stocks.
- Decline Volume - summary volume of the declining stocks.
In the quotes table above, we collected the most popular quotes of the advance/decline-based technical indicators, such as Advance/Decline Ratio, Advance/Decline Percentage Oscillator, TRIN, etc.
The formula of the Advance/Decline Ratio is:
A/D Issues Ratio = (Advancing Issues) / (Declining Issues)
The formula for calculation of the Advance/Decline Percentage Oscillator is
A/D Issues PO = [(Advancing Issues) - (Declining Issues)] / [(Advancing Issues) + (Declining Issues)]
Similar formulas are used to calculate AD volume indicators:
A/D Volume Ratio = (Advancing Volume) / (Declining Volume)
A/D Volume PO = [(Advancing Volume) - (Declining Volume)] / [(Advancing Volume) + (Declining Volume)]
TRIN is calculated as the ratio of Advance/Decline issues to volume ratios:
TRIN = (A/D Issues Ratio) / (A/D Volume Ratio)
The Advance/Decline-based technical analysis can be very helpful in trading indexes, their derivatives, index emini futures, index options, options on index derivatives and index tracking mutual funds. Use the following references for our extended tutorial are our research results:
You are logged Out of the Members' Area
To have access to real-time quotes, charts, trading signals and fresh market outlook you have to be logged in:
Not a member yet?
Click here to become a full member of MarketVolume® and enjoy the benefits of a feature rich market timing system!
No, Thanks, I would like to check the website first.