Advance/Decline Technical Analysis (Breadth Analysis)
Advance Decline Sentiment Report
Daily Advance/Decline (AD) Sentiment Report - (100% mechanical)
3 days delay
To access the most recent commentaries, you must sign up to PLATINUM package.
|S&P 500||NASDAQ 100||DJI||Russell 2000||NYSE|
S&P 500 Sentiment Report -
Based on volume and advance/decline indicator of the S&P 500 basket
Previous trading day (05/15/2013) outlook: 42% Up and 58% Down.
The S&P 500 index dropped -52.46% today.
Losing issues topped advancing stocks by a margin of 4 to 1 (an A/D issues ratio of 0.25). The corresponding ratio for volume readings was characterized by a less negative sentiment, as losers topped winners by a lower margin of 2 to 1 (an A/D volume ratio of 0.51). This divergence (TRIN = 0.50) reveals that advancing stocks were traded more actively than stocks from the declining group. The average volume traded per advancing stock was 85,541.48 M, compared an average volume per declining stock of 42,706.94 M. The A/D issues ratio hit its lowest level of the day (of 0.19) at 15:45 EST. By this time, the index had declined about -52.51%.
The daily data reveals an overall negative market mood;
(Next day outlook is 100% mechanically calculated and is based on index reaction to similar market sentiment occurrences in history back to 1997)
Copyright © 1997-2013 MarketVolume.com: You may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, sublicense, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any of the Information.
About Daily AD Report:
- The report is 100% mechanical;
- The outlook is updated daily after the market close (generally by 17:30 EST);
- The report is generated for the most popular indexes, including the NYSE Composite, DJI, S&P 500, NASDAQ 100, as well as the Russell 2000.
- After the market close, our system will:
- Automatically collect Advance/Decline data: Number of advanced and declined issues, advanced and declined volume, advance/decline volume and issues ratios, TRIN;
- Perform a historical scan for trading days which exhibited similar AD data on a closing basis;
- Determine the trend as well as the biggest advances and declines the following trading day;
- Formulate an outlook for the following trading day based on similar occurrences using historical AD data.
- The system analyzes historical data going back to 1997;
- The outlook for the following trading day is formulated as a percentage - stating a probability of the market being up or down that day. For instance, an outlook may state a 60% probability of an up-day versus a 40% probability of a down-day based on similar AD data in the period between 1997 and the present.